As a lot of you know, my husband & I bought land with a cabin on it. We moved to the land & lived there for a little over 4 months before having to move to a rental due to the extreme weather conditions. Our cabin is off grid, besides having a telephone connection. We will keep it that way! Since moving in to the rental, I've not done anything "homestead" like. I feel like I'm not working toward my dreams in one way but in another I feel like I don't have anything to do that *is* homestead-ish. I'm going to change that tomorrow. I have some things that we can do in preparation to move back to the cabin (which will happen in Spring).
Our goals this coming year are to:
- grow a lot of our food (be it animal, fruit or vegetable)
- recycle & reuse as much as possible
- start a new family business (that blends with our homestead lifestyle)
- dad quitting his outside job & coming home again to work the family businesses
- we all want to learn new skills (maybe 2 each)
- purchase new canning items
- build main addition to the cabin
- build work room on to cabin
- build pole barn
- live our dreams
I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting to add to the list right now ... but it is after midnight here. I'll post again soon! I plan on posting regularly ... and most importantly, I plan on getting back to our dreams!